Sunday, March 13, 2011

Adventures in the great state of Alabama!

It been raining really HARD down here in the south.  Because of this the water level has been rising and more water means MORE FUN!

When I was paddling on the Mulberry, practicing for the Alabama Cup race series, I was interviewed by the Birmingham News.  He asked a couple of questions, took some pictures and filmed a little of my work-out.  I did not think any of it, but to my surprise I made the front page the next day of The Birmingham News.  Here are the links to the video of my interview as well as the front page:

http://videos.al.com/birmingham-news/2011/03/the_mulberry_fork_canoe_kayak.html
http://photos.al.com/birmingham-news/2011/03/mulberry_fork_2.html

I thought I did really well in the race.  They did not have a championship junior class, so I was moved up to the championship men's division for both slalom and boater-cross.  I got 5th in slalom and 3rd in boater-cross, but I was the most proud of the fact that my slalom time was the fastest but my six touches bumped me down to 5th.  Overall I was very happy with the results and I had a lot of fun mowing down people in boater-cross :)

I hope to see all of you other whitewater vagabonds out on the water!

1 comment:

  1. sorry every body there was some contoversy with this video the new video will be up soon. and again i am sorry.

    ReplyDelete